Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Brody Luke Roland

Brody Luke Roland has arrived!!! He was born on Monday January 5th, 2009 at 8:59 pm. I was 36 weeks and 1 day and my doctor decided to induce my labor due to this horrible rash I had gotten and struggled with for the last 5 weeks. They never really found out what it was, but tested me for several different things. It was miserable, I couldn't sleep at night, I had welps and hive like places that soon turned into scabs all over my body. Sounds gross I know. We tried several different things and found relief nowhere ( except for gold blond medicated lotion)... so we did an ultrasound to make sure Brody was healthy and that if everything looked good we would induce. PS: If you look real close in my pictures you can see the nasty rash!!

I went to my appt. on Monday at 11:45 and was in a hospital room in Labor and delivery by 2:00. My doctor laughed with us saying I will see you all after midnight sometime to deliver that healthy baby boy. We thought it could be a long process since this was my first child and I was being induced. Boy were we wrong. I ended up being in labor for 4 hours and I pushed for 15 minutes!!! I was never in extreme pain I guess I was just expecting much worse but the worst part was the rash I had. I was planning on getting an epidural and well I did except for the fact that it ended up being too late and the epidural didn't take. As they were giving me the epidural I still kept feeling everything and they finally decided to check me since I was still feeling everything so they checked me and the nurse said "Baby is coming, Page Dr. Roberts" and it all happened so fast. It is amazing what your body can do and how the pain just goes away... It was the most amazing experience that I could ever imagine..One I will never forget. I loved it... I had the best birthing experience I could have ever dreamed of.
Brody is absolutely beautiful and so perfect. He had to stay in the nursery under oxygen for the first night since he was born a little early his lungs were not completely "opened" up but after that one night under the oxygen he was fine, he is so strong. My doctor and nurses said he was a real miracle and a special baby. When he came out he had the cord wrapped around his neck and he had made a complete knot in his umbilical cord. My doctor said that is very uncommon and can also be very dangerous. So I looked at it like God gave me that awful miserable rash for that reason.



We are adjusting well to being home. Brody is a wonderful baby. He sleeps and eats and doesn't cry much. He had his first doctors appt last Friday and we take him back tomorrow. We are so in love with him and can't believe what a blessing and miracle he is.


I will try and update often but I know it will be harder to find time..
I will leave you with some pictures...





9 comments:

KRISTEN'S PALACE said...

I'M CRYING!! I cant wait to see him & you! i miss you and I'm soo proud of you. God is soo good isnt he. I love it!

KLC said...

Yay congrats on your little man, he is adorable! And you look annoyingly cute yourself for having just given birth!! Enjoy your darling boy :)

Kate said...

Congrats! How exciting :)

Robin Bair said...

Congrats! I was wondering why it was so long between posts.....you've been busy! He's beautiful......hope you're feeling well.......praying for ya!

ps......awesome middle name. :)

Lindsey said...

AW CONGRATS!!!

Emily said...

ahhhh!! Congrats on baby brody! He is darling!! yeah! how ya feeling??

Mandy Rose said...

Congratulations!!!! He is beautiful!

Midwest Prep said...

wow! congratulations! I am so glad that you had that rash! sounds strange to say but it looks like that may have saved your little baby! What an amazing story- I am also glad to hear that the birth was a positive experience!
can't wait to see more pictures and hear more about being a new mom- I am almost there!

Newlywed Next Door said...

Congratulations! I just saw that you had your wonderful baby boy! What providence about the cord and the rash. God is great!