Pages

Friday, June 5, 2009

Brody Luke-- 5 months old



Brody Luke,

How can you already be 5 months old today my sweet sweet baby boy? I know I say this every month but where has the last 5 months gone? It seems like just yesterday I was feeling you kick around in my belly and now you have turned 5 months old. You are such a sweet little baby boy, who is always laughing and smiling at anyone and everyone. From your mommy and daddy to strangers out in public. You are always so happy and so so very precious!!!!! At this time Mommy has tried rice cereal and you did not like it at all, I tried it several times and decided you just weren't ready for it. I also gave you some juice for the first time and you didn't really like it either, so I decided you weren't ready for that either. So then I moved on to baby food and started with Green Beans. You liked them pretty well and I gave them to you a few times and then quit. So you still are just being breastfed!

You weigh about 17.5 lbs now and mommy has moved you up to size 3 diapers. You are still able to wear some of your 3-6 month outfits but you need 6-9 in some. You have not rolled over yet but you are so close. You get on your side almost over and then you just quit. You like being on your tummy a little more, but still not your favorite. You love to play on the floor on your play mat. I think you have been teething some, so you chew on lots of things. You have also learned how to hold your toys on your own. You have also learned how to put your paci back into your mouth, you don't do it all the time but you have a few times. You love to sit in your seat and wait for daddy to come home from work, and you get so excited when he gets here and you just giggle and laugh. You have been sick for the first time. You caught RSV and have been doing breathing treatments. Mommy hates that she can't make you feel better.

You are still sleeping in your pack n play by mommy and daddy's bed. You go to bed at about 8:30-9:00 and you usually wake up at about 1 am to eat and then sometimes at 3 and then at 5 we get up with daddy while he gets ready for work and then you eat and go back to sleep until about 7:30 or 8:00.

Brody Luke, you are the complete joy of my life. You are my angel. I try to be the best mommy to you that I can be. You come first in my life and you always will. Each and everyday I thank God for allowing me to be your mother, you are such a blessing to my life. You are a perfect baby boy and I just love you so much I just feel like my heart could explode. You are so beautiful and I love love love your beautiful big blue eyes!!!!!!!!!! I just hope you will always know how I much I love you Brody and how special you are to me. I could go on and on about you but I would be here forever. I am so blessed to be your mommy Brody Luke. I love you more than you will ever know!!!!

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Blake's Momma said...

What a cutie!

It's so much fun keeping up with you guys. Blake was 5 months old last Saturday.

SO much has happened with him since then! Crazy, right? Be prepared for his development to skyrocket.

He hadn't even acted interested in rolling...he also hates the tummy. All of a sudden he is rolling all over.

He's picking up toys he drops from his Bumbo, he plays with his toes constantly...oh he's getting so BIG!

We're so lucky! Congrats on being a great Momma!

Stephanie said...

Gosh, he is such a doll!!! I can't believe he is already 5 months old. Time flies by wayyyyy too fast!! I can't believe he caught RSV! Poor thing!! I hope he feels better soon.