Monday, February 20, 2012

Hudson's Birth Story

Hudson's Arrival

Has it already been a week since we welcomed swete baby Hudson into our family? Time is already flying by! I feel like I have been living in a dream the last week. I had a wonderful labor and delivery, I didn't even have a recovery ( I felt/feel that great), I have a healthy sweet baby boy, Brody is a wonderufl big brother, a wonderful husband, and amazing family and friends... I have truly felt blessed!!!!!

This is the Sunday (2-12-12) before I went in for induction, Brody was giving his baby brother kisses!!


We had all been anticipating the arrival of sweet Hudson, I had been dilated a 3-4 and 75% effaced for about 2 weeks and having irregular contractions but he just was not wanting to come on his own. My DR said she would induce anytime after 39 weeks if I wanted, and I am sorry but I am impatient plus I was miserable so of course I said YES! I turned 39 weeks on the 10th and my DR was on vacation that week so we decided on the 13th!

Right before we left for the hospital on 2-13-12

I didn't sleep hardly at all on Sunday night due to my excitement and I hadn't been sleeping well the last few months anyway due to pregnancy. I woke up at 5:00 so I could take my time getting ready and make sure I had everything ready to go so that we could be at the hospital at 7:00. My mom came over and got in bed with Brody so we didn't have to wake him up. We got to the hospital at 7:00 and got checked in and settled into a room (3003) to get things started. I got lucky and got two wonderful nurses Jo and Marissa who made me feel so comfortable and who were just awesome! It was around 9:15 that they had gotten all my IV's started and they started the pitocin. I was dilated a 4 and 75 % effaced at this point. The contractions started and were not very painful at all, I have a very high pain tolerance. I knew this time that I wanted to make sure and get an epidural before it was too late and the pain was too intense (which is what I did with Brody and it was too late once I got the epidural, it didn't take, I was ready to push and felt it all.) They turned my pitocin up and I started to feel the contractions more but were still not what I would consider painful, just a little uncomfortable. I decided to go ahead and ask for the epidural so I knew that I got it. Got the epidural which didn't hurt at all but I will say I didn't really like the way it made me feel. I didn't feel the contractions which was awesome but it made me feel so tingly and sluggish all over.
Once I got the epidural I was checked again and was a 5-6 85% effaced and they decided to break my water. A resident DR broke my water but nothing came out, she said that was fine and that it was probably all behind the baby. After that I decided to try and rest a bit and took a nap. My nurse Jo came in and said she wanted me to get on my left side to see if we could get things moving, it wasn't 10 minutes after I had gotten on my side that I started feeling pressure. Sure enough the resident DR came in and checked me and I was a 10 and 100% effaced. They paged my DR and started getting the room ready. It wasn't painful what I could feel just pressure. Once my DR got in the room and everything was ready they put me on my back and it was time to start pushing!!!!!!! With ONLY 4 pushes ( couldn't believe that) Hudson Trent had made his arrival!!!! I knew he was going to be a big boy... he was 9 lb and 2 oz and 21 inches long!!!!! He was bruised quite a bit and swollen when he came out, DR said it was where he came so fast. He also swallowed quite a bit of fluid where it was all behind him, but was very strong and healthy!!!! I had a wonderful labor and delivery and my heart just melted as soon as I laid my eyes on my sweet baby boy!! What a gift from God!

Right after he was born my family all came into the room and Brody got to meet his baby brother! What a moment that was, seeing my first born meet his baby brother. I couldn't believe I now had two precious healthy baby boys!!

I couldn't have asked for a better labor and delivery or recovery. I was able to get up once my epidural had wore off and didn't have much pain at all. The worst of my pain was the cramping and I also had a little pain in my back from the epidural. I have not had to lay around or anything and have felt awesome!! I had a good pregnancy but I felt so much better right after. No more heart burn, pelvic/hip pain, acid reflux, or a 9 lb baby in my belly!!

I am so thankful for my awesome labor, delivery, recovery and most of all........ Hudson Trent!!!!!!!!















14 comments:

Our Family of Four said...

Sounds like a great labor experience! I am glad everything went so well- and you have 2 absolutely perfect little boys! Congrats!

Jessica Hudson said...

Thank God for great deliveries! I'm so happy for you. Tyler was 9 lbs. and I actually loved it. You look beautiful. Congratulations on your amazing little family. xo

Robyn Beele said...

I am so glad everything went so smoothly. I HOPE my second delivery is just like that!

Baby Momma said...

What a blessing! Not only your new baby boy, but also to have such an easy labor and delivery!! I can only hope for the same thing! I LOVE reading birth stories now that I'm anticipating my own! Enjoy your time with the new addition!!! You guys look so happy!

Mrs. Mama said...

Big congrats mama on a safe and smooth delivery, and a healthy beautiful baby boy1!! love all the pics!

Jessica said...

So glad everything went smoothly & now you have your sweet baby in your arms! I know Brody is loving it too!

Mama Laughlin said...

So precious!!!
Glad to hear you had an easy delivery! (those are the BEST!)
You looked beautiful and Hudson is such a cutie!!!
Congrats to you all!!!

Danielle said...

aww congrats!! i love your gown & your headband!! beautiful family!

Just the Two of US said...

welcome hudson! and congrats to your family and big brother brody! wonderful gift!

Sarah said...

:)!!! He is so sweet

The Morrows said...

Congrats! This is precious.

Kaytee said...

YAY!!! xo

Kim said...

What a beautiful birth story! I absolutely love that second picture of you and Hudson!!
Brody is going to be a great big brother. Im glad everything is going well, you look Amazing!

Kathy Lin said...

sac burberry
sac chanel
sac chloe
sac dior
chaussures nike
porte cles chanel
bracelet louis vuitton
chaussures puma
sac a main
tee shirts
dolce gabbana tasche
ed hardy tasche
fendi tasche
sac juicy
sac guess 2012 soldes
sac guess pas cher
tee shirts prada
tee shirts louis vuitton
tee shirts polo
polo bolsas
prada bolsas
versace bolsas