Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Show us your Wedding Party and Flowers!

I am joining in on Kelly's Korner Show us your life Fridays!!! Today it is Show us your wedding flowers, party, and details!!! I still cannot believe this but I did get married in 2008 but my photographer did not put the photographs on a blog, website, or even offer for me to purchase a CD of my prints so I do have a proof book and all of my prints but the only ones I have on my computer are just a few snapshots that some people took!! I don't have many picture with my details or anything but here is what I do have!!

Let me tell a little story about our wedding.....

We were engaged shortly after being together for 6 months.. fast forward we were engaged 2 years before we got married. My dream wedding that I was planning was going to be in June, outside at my parent's house bu our pond with white chairs and my colors were going to be Hot Pink, Orange, and White. I had already bought the invitations and everything when we got some bad news about Timmy's Mother. She had cancer and was given only 6-9 months to live so we decided to move the wedding up to January instead of June. It was already the beginning of November when we had decided this. Luckily I had went and got my dress in October and I called and told them what was going on and they called the company and got my dress in just in time. I didn't know what I wanted for a winter wedding, I had no ideas so I wasn't that picky. It ended up being a beautiful wedding and an amazing day and I am so thankful we moved it up to January so Timmy's mother could be with us. I wanted to do pink with whites and silver but I couldn't find ANY PINK bridesmaid dresses that I liked to I found the bridesmaids dresses I liked and went with Blues and silvers. Web tried to make it an icy, wintry reception!

I know this is awful but I don't even know what flowers we really used except hydrangeas that were gorgeous!!! I love my bouquet even if we forgot to wrap my ribbon around the stems with my big bow.

We got married at the church I grew up going to. We had 5 bridesmaids and 5 groomsman. My maid of honor was my best friend/cousin Lacey, my 3 sisters were bridesmaids and my cousin Grace. Timmy had his cousin Michael as his best man, his brother and 3 friends as his groomsman. Our flower girl was Timmy's cousin and we had two ring bearers, my little nephews! My Brother in law got his officiating license and married us, it meant a lot to us and he did a great job!

All in all it may have not happened how I had planned or been my "dream wedding" or been outdoors in the summertime like I had imagined it ended up being absolutely perfect and being my dream wedding and the most amazing day of my life ( besides when Brody was born.)

Here are some pictures....






10 comments:

Courtney said...

Your wedding was beautiful. And its that much more special that you were able to have your loved ones there.

Melissa said...

i love your dress. and i LOVE the blue bridesmaids dresses.. great choice! even though they are not pink. :)

Unknown said...

I love the bridesmaids dresses. Beautiful

Annie said...

aw, you were a gorgeous bride! great pics hun. i totally think you did a selfless thing by moving the wedding up so your husbands mom could be there.
you have an adorable family and a wonderful heart.

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

beautiful... I LOVE the color of your bridesmaid dresses... and you looked absolutely beautiful!

Abby said...

Beautiful, Lea Liz! I love your dress and the girls' dresses too!

And all that matters in the end was that you are married. I think it was perfect!

Jessica said...

Your wedding looks like it was beautiful! That's so good that his mother was able to be there! My photographer was kinda the same way & I don't have any professional pics on my computer so I have just been sitting out on the wedding photo rounds :(

Thanks for the congrats! We are very excited! It was a bit of a shock but we couldn't be happier! We were wanting to have our kids about 2 yrs apart but they will be about 19 months apart! I'm a little nervous about having 2 kids under 2 years old! haha

Melissa said...

I googled "how to get a three column blog" and clicked on this link: http://www.threecolumnblogger.com/2008/09/three-column-minima-layout-version.html
I followed the directions after picking out a three column background that I liked from www.shabbyblogs.com

hope that helps! it is sorta confusing, but just go step by step and it works!
also, you have to have your blogger template set to "minima".

Preppy Coastee said...

Aawww your dress is so gorgeous!! You looked sooo pretty!

kace said...

What a beautiful wedding! You looked gorgeous! We had wanted a winter wedding, but had to move ours up because my father in law was diagnosed with leukemia. So I completely understand the stress of changing all your plans. Glad to have found your blog! :)