Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Dentist..

Over the past couple of months I have noticed some "spotting" on Brody's 4 top front teeth that I became worried about. I brush his teeth 2 times a day and I won't like I do forget every now and then but I try not to. I won't lie here and don't think I'm a terrible Momma  either but... I do let him have candy here and there and he has some drinks of pop and a sucker here and there, but it is not like I put Pop in his sippy cup and let him eat on candy all day long. I started brushing his teeth as soon as he started getting them... but he is my child and has my family genes so I know he has the "soft teeth" genes.

So a couple weeks ago when we were at a check-up at the Pediatrician I had them take a look at his top teeth and they said that it looked like he had "spotting" on them from the Iron Supplements he had to be on at about 7-8 month's old but that it looked like he could be getting a small cavity and that it was my choice to take him to a Pediatric Dentist. So of course I called and got him an appointment!!!

We go tomorrow morning at 10:15, so please keep us in your prayers. I really hope it is not a cavity or at least that it is not a bad one. I also am nervous because on the paperwork I had to print off to take in it states " All children will go to the back without a parent." Um.. Hello but my child is not even 2 years old yet, he is my baby, and he has never been left with anyone but my mom... I highly doubt he will be going back alone. I am going to ask once we get there since he is so young that I be allowed to go back. Why should I even have to ask??? I do understand in alot of cases of wanting them to go back alone.. but Brody isn't even 2, he NEEDS HIS MOMMA!!!

Anyways.. keep us in your thoughts as we make Brody's 1st Dentist Appointment at 22 Month's old.  I thought it wouldn't be until he was at least 3-4 years old!

6 comments:

Suze said...

Yikes, i will definately keep y'all in my prayers ! let me know how it goes! If it gives you any comfort in knowing this but my moma or dad would go back with me when i was little. I think they'd make an exception for a little boy who isnt even two yet! When i even had teeth pulled i drug my daddy back and i was in elementary school so im sure you will get to go back unless this dentist office truly has no heart! So i'll pray that they do and everything goes smoothely!!!! Have a good rest of the evening!

Brandi said...

They better let you go back w him!!! Especially if they think it's a cavity; poor Brody will be so scared. My pedi dentist lets me go back with my kids. IF they don't let u go back, find another dentist. Also, Addi and Nate also have some white spots on their front teeth. BUMMER!! Good luck!

bailey said...

i'm sure they'll let you go back with him! especially since it's his first time to be there! and i hope it's nothing bad. i had a small spot on one of my front teeth a few months ago and couldn't get it off, and the dentist just had to use one of her nice cleaning tools and got it right off! hopefully it will be that easy for brody!! i give my daughter a sip of coke and a piece of candy every once in a while too. i don't think it's bad at all :)

Abby said...

They BETTER let you go back there with that sweet boy! Praying you {both} do great! Good luck!

Brit said...

I do not brush Kennedy's teeth much. I'll admit it. Im a sucky mom. She hates it and it is a battle and when I let her do it...she doesn't really get them clean. I'm sorry that you have to go with fears, but I will say a prayer for you. Don't know what you are going through, but you better bet I'd have the same feelings in going back with my baby!

Keep us updates!

Jonas David said...

I hope nothing bad happened to Brody. Yes, as a father I'd be too afraid to leave my son alone at dentist.
I have 5 years old daughter and I seldom give her candy, so that her teeth are not crack.
Hopefully, cute Brody would be fine...